Saturday, October 6, 2012

Destination Bag #1: San Diego Tote



Destination Bag #1: San Diego Tote, SOLD




As an east-coaster, with few (read: none) references or associations for the city of San Diego, all I could think of when I found this bag was the annoyingly catchy theme song (by Rockapella) to Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?, a children's PBS show from the nineties.  I thought Carmen was from San Diego, but no.  This bag, however, is probably from San Diego!  It was even made in the USA: the tag says Dallas, Texas.


It has patriotic red stripes, and the sails on the boat are blue.  Woven straps are also blue.   Main compartment seals completely with zipper along top opening.



Bag is made of sturdy canvas-like material.  It's in great condition and was probably only used a handful of times: I noted one spot on the bottom of the bag and a few dirt marks along the bottom.  Interior is clean save for another dirt smudge that does not show through on the outside.  I did not launder this bag but I imagine that it could be washed by hand.



Measured flat, it is approximately 20.25 inches across the top, 16.5 inches in height from top opening to bottom seam, and handle of straps measure 25 inches in length. 


All of the destination shirts and bags featured on the blog (plus a few that aren't) can also be found in the Vintage Adoption Agency Etsy shop!  This bag is part of my collection (obsession?) with souvenirs from random places that I've never been. I wrote about them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment